Made famous almost a decade ago by some fat celebrity weddings, Devigarh owned by Lebua Hotels and Resorts is a heritage hotel, housed in an 18th-century palace in the village of Delaware near Udaipur in Rajasthan. It still is famous for weddings in royal styles.
Popular for shootings of films and TV serials, this was the royal residence of the rulers of Delwara principality, from the middle of the 18th century until the mid-20th century. Nestled in the Aravali hills, the stunning hill-top fort palace is located on one of the three main passes into the valley of Udaipur. This palace is now fantastically restored into a luxurious, sophisticated and impossibly romantic retreat. The interior of the fort palace has been transformed in a minimalist contemporary manner while conserving the ancient exterior.
The Fort palace was conceived as a place where the past meets the future. This all suite luxury hotel comprising of 39 suites with an emphasis on design and detail, using local marbles and semi-precious stones. The contemporary design showcased within this spectacular heritage property, complemented by personalised and intimate service. The 1200 sq ft. Devi Garh Suite and the Palace Suite, which together form the Presidential Complex, share a stunning black marble swimming pool. The larger, Devi Garh by lebua, Udaipur Suite has its own private sun deck, Jacuzzi and balconies with a glorious view. Look how the old meets the new in creating ultimate luxury for the guests-
Almost 28 kms from the Udaipur city towards Nathdwara temple town, the fort commands some beautiful views of the Aravalis. Even the rooms let you have the feeling of closeness to nature. Some of the views from the palace-
This heritage property has created some very fine luxury and personalised services for the guests, right from the rooms to the private dining. They always make you feel like royalty. A look at some of the interiors of the rooms-
Besides design and structure, the hotel has also preserved much of the heritage associated with the fort, which was lying in ruins for many years until it was restored! A quick look at some of them-
Although it has got many newly restored heritage properties as competitors, especially in the region where it is located, still Devi Garh has received worldwide recognition and numerous awards, including:
- 2014: Travel + Leisure, India and South Asia – Runner up in Best Boutique Hotel in India 2014
- 2014: TripAdvisor – Certificate of Excellence 2014
- 2014: Seven Star Global Luxury Award 2014 – The Signum Virtutis (The Seal of Excellence)
- 2013: Condé Nast Travellers, UK “Reader’s Travel Awards 2013” – #6 “Overseas Holiday Hotel” in Asia & India
- 2013: CNN – Listed “India’s Palace hotels Fit for a King” 2013
- 2013: Lonely Planet Travel Awards 2013 – Best Heritage Hotel
- 2013: Seven Star Global Luxury Award 2013 – The Signum Virtutis (The Seal of Excellence)
- 2013: Condé Nast Traveler, US – India’s 20 Most Romantic Resort 2013
(award list sourced from web)