What takes you to travel to a particular place? An invitation, a good feedback from an already traveled friend or relative, a discount, a good review in a travel magazine or a good package on offer? May be either one or few of them. Indeed there are many reasons for a traveler to go to a particular place, unless he or she might be a aimless wanderer, a vagabond like many of us are. Many things to wonder for those who want to go deep in this question. Similarly a recent survey brings many new interesting facts to us. Lets have a look. Also, we have some good offerings alongside with them.
1) Holidays Inspired by TV Shows: A new study by Marketing Magazine revealed that 18 to 35-year-olds consume six hours of media content per day, of which, 39% is spent on video (either TV, DVD or YouTube). Some of 2015’s most requested vacations are featured in popular TV shows, like HBO’s Game of Thrones. Have a look below:
- Ireland: Westeros, where most of the action in Game of Thrones takes place, is actually filmed in Northern Ireland. A haven for travellers who want to see sprawling scenery with old world charm (think thatched roofs and freely roaming sheep) mixed with epic nights out in cosmopolitan centres like Dublin, Ireland is a place to be. Lonely Planet rated Ireland its #5 Top Country to Visit in its Best in Travel roundup. Check out Contiki’s 8-day trip to Dublin, Galway, Cork and more or experience an authentic St. Patrick’s Day in Dublin starting from USD$565.
- Croatia: Popular for its beaches and epic nightlight (made popular by the world-famous Yacht Week!), ogle at Split’s Diocletian’s Palace and Zrnovica River on a Croatian Island Escape in real high definition. Croatia offers the splendour and magic of historic Europe with an energy that’s anything but ancient. Sun seekers and castle worshippers, this trip is for you.
2) Vacation Like Royalty in Exotic Locations: Living like royalty is a continuing aspiration. People Magazine Kate Middleton and Prince William their Top Hottest Celebrities of 2014, with their recent trip through North America creating a media frenzy.
While luxe living is reserved for the rich and famous, millennials are letting their exotic aspirations rule their plates, dining on rich, flavourful and aromatic meals that make weekday dinners feel like mini-escapes to the Mediterranean coast. The rise of exotic cuisine presents a deeper desire to explore parts unknown. 2015 will see more millennials journey to exotic destinations with ancient histories, plus plenty of time to enjoy the local delicacies.
- Greek Sailing: For those who fawn over feta, gawk over Grecian gladiator sandals and want a holiday that’s laid-back and big on R&R, this 8-day trip will have you feeling royally awesome. From the total area of Greece about 20% consist of the Greek islands, which makes Greece a perfect area for sailing. The country has a coastline of more than 15000 kilometres. The climate along the coastline has its Mediterranean character of mild moist winters and dry hot summers.
- Spain, Portugal and Morocco: Added by popular demand by Contiki travellers, Spain, Portugal and Morocco are the latest destinations in Contiki’s 2015 Europe line-up. Lonely Planet rated Morocco its #10 country for 2015. All it takes is a bite of tantalizing Moroccan Tagine and a day in Fez to see that this country packs flavour into every part of your day. From markets and grand bazaars, the only thing better that Morocco is enjoying a 15-day sample of Morocco, Spain AND Portugal on one unique trip.
3) Multi-Region Trips Still Dominate: Millennials are High Energy travellers with a hunger to see and do it all. For 2015, the most requested trips are European getaways that span 10 to 15 days for big, epic adventures on every day of the journey.
- European Discovery (12 Days) If trips were like courses at a dinner party, the European Discovery would be the appetiser. 8 countries in one shot gives you a taste of all the big cities plus some hidden treasures, so you know where to go next time! From Amsterdam to Rome to Paris, you won’t want to miss a thing. In fact, sleep will probably be the last thing on your mind!
- European Highlights (15 Days) Got two weeks to spare and want to see as much of Europe as possible? Then this is the tour for you! Two night stops in the big cities – Paris, the French Riviera, Rome and Amsterdam – included sightseeing, walking tours, scenic drives…you’ll wish your holiday would never end.
It’s rare to find a trend that sticks around, but travelling the world is one that’s always in style. Make sure you look back with #NOREGRETS and enjoy travelling when you’re young.